ESN is far not only limited to the ERASMUS-programme anymore. On one side, we also take care of exchange students from other development programmes. On the other side, ESN has also sections in countries that do not take part in the ERASMUS-programme.
The goals of our organisation formulated in the statutes of ESN International are:
- To represent the needs and expectations of exchange students on the local, national and international level.
- To pass on information about all academic exchange programmes in Europe.
- To make the homecoming easier for former exchange students by integrating them in our network.
- To contribute to the continuous evaluation of the European exchange programmes.
ESN is one of the biggest student organisations in the field of international university education. Under the motto “students help students”.
Providing opportunities for cultural inclusion, understanding and self development under the principle of SHS - Students Helping Students
Enrichment of the society and enhancement of the quality of life, through intercultural exchange by accepting and inculcating international students into Germany society and fostering a healthy and sustainable environment that enables the communication of different people.
The values of Erasmus Student Network that all members stand and work for are:
- Unity in diversity, diversity in the unity: We all have a different origin but a common goal.
- Students help students: We work with commitment and voluntarily for the welfare of foreign students.
- The international dimension of life: We are open-minded, mobile, curious, cooperative and interactive to open borders.
- Love for Europe as a place of peace and intercultural exchange: We live and support the diversity of Europe.
- Openness and tolerance: We try to understand and to learn from people with a foreign origin.
- Cooperation in the integration: We look at internationality in an integral way.